If you do not want the standard window treatments like drapes and curtains, it’s time to invest in blinds. Blinds are functional, and they look appealing. Many consider this because it’s affordable and even customizable. The only challenge is cleaning them. However, the benefits further outweigh the cleaning hassle.
If this is your first time buying blinds, you should be equipped with the right knowledge. Here’s a handy guide to buying blinds:
Before you head to clearview blinds, you need to measure up so you can decide which fitting option you prefer – inside or outside the recess.
- Inside recess: This is a good option for windows in small rooms. You need to measure the width of the recess at its narrowest point as well as its height.
- Outside recess: This is a good option for windows in larger rooms. You need to measure the width of the recess and then add 4cm to each side. As for the height of the recess, you need to add 15cm.
Choose your style
After measuring up, the next thing to do is to choose your style. The right style will always come down to personal preference. However, it’s good to know the following types:
- Roller: As the name suggests, this style allows you to roll up or down blinds through a cord. To add more appeal when they are open, they feature different fabric on either side. This style is ideal for informal settings.
- Roman: These blinds give a more formal look since they are made from fabric, and a pulley operates them.
- Venetian: These blinds are slated, which are made from plastic, metal, or wood. You often see these blinds in modern and streamlined kitchens or bathrooms. For rooms with high levels of moisture, these blinds are a practical option.
- Vertical: If you have floor-to-ceiling windows, vertical blinds are ideal.
Determine the material
Blinds are available in different materials, including faux wood, aluminum, vinyl, wood, and natural fabrics. Just like style, this will come down to personal preference.
Think about your window
You must know that styles of blinds open and close differently. If you want to pick blinds systematically, you need to decide according to your furniture or the type of window you have. You should also consider the door you have, which will influence a particular blind style. More importantly, access is crucial because you need to reach the wand or cord.
Check light and privacy control
When it comes to light and privacy, you need to ask yourself how much you need. The answer will determine the style of blinds you choose. For instance, Venetian blinds are ideal for general living areas since it allows you to be in control of light and privacy.
You need to consider the following tips to make an informed decision:
- Roller and Roman blinds are a versatile choice for every room.
- Venetian blinds are less decorative in nature but more functional as it allows you better control of the amount of light that is filtered into your room.
- For rooms that serve different functions, it’s wise to pair blinds and curtains. This will give flexible window dressing.