If you’re attempting to select a worthwhile home improvement project and have started researching the myriad of options available in today’s day and age, it’s important to ask yourself a few fundamental questions:
- Is the project viable in regard to my property and layout?
- Will the undertaking merge form with functionality?
- Will I be able to protect my home’s resale value?
- What are the ongoing maintenance requirements?
- Am I tending to a structural necessity or just an aesthetic preference?
As you begin answering these questions, it will quickly become apparent that contracting the installation of a new flooring solution represents one of the most cost-effective, impactful decisions that you could make for your property. It is always worthwhile reading http://www.nicfltd.org.uk to get more information.
Commonly installed in high foot traffic areas such as kitchens or corridors, vinyl flooring solutions can provide a vast array of benefits:
- Delivered and installed in sheets and layers for enhanced personalisation
- Requires a subfloor surface
- Very hardwearing and enduring
- Flexible, elastic construct prevents cracks and fissures
- Fully waterproof, stain-resistant, and easy to maintain
- Wide range of finishes, veneers, and textures to fit any décor theme
- Lasts up to 20 years when correctly installed
- Reduction in maintenance and replacement requirements saves homeowners a lot of money throughout its lifespan
Although laminate is often confused with vinyl flooring options, it’s important to make several distinctions between these two styles. Laminate flooring is generally:
- Installed using a “click and lock” assemblage, which means that it doesn’t need to be nailed or glued to a subfloor
- Commonly used as a substitute for hardwood floors in bedrooms, living areas, dens, and staircases.
- Arguably the most cost-effective flooring solution available in the marketplace, which makes it the ideal DIY option
- Perfect for covering large areas that lack a proper flooring solution
- Much more forgiving than vinyl floors due to the small aerated gap between the subfloor
- Lasts up to 10 years when installed precisely and accurately
Even with the rise of alternative flooring solutions, over 30% of newly constructed properties are finished with a modernised carpeting solution:
- Provides top-notch insulation for both cold and hot environments, which dramatically decreases utility expenses throughout the year
- The soft cushioning and forgiving makeup offers increased safety in children’s play areas and senior settings
- Unmatched noise reduction and reduced vibrations from room to room
- Provides an aura of warmth, comfort, and cosiness
- Comes in a wide range of contemporary styles and old-fashioned visages
- Modern carpeting can last ten years or more if maintained properly
How to Pick a Trustworthy Installation Team
Regardless of whether you wish to install carpeting in London or laminate flooring in Essex, the onus is on you to ensure that you’re partnering with a resourceful, versatile firm that can facilitate a streamlined process from start to finish:
- Generational family-owned business
- 30+ years’ experience in the flooring sector
- Free site visits, measurements, and estimates
- Well-trained in-house fitters
- Vast selection of carpets, vinyl solutions, laminate options, and rugs
- Company showroom for in-person visits and product evaluations
- Personal service guarantee
There you have it — the ultimate beginner’s guide to the most popular flooring options available nowadays!