Soft water is water that has been treated to remove hardness minerals such as calcium and magnesium. These minerals can cause problems in both your home and your body.
Did you know that soft water in Utah has a ton of benefits? Not only does it taste better and make your skin feel softer, but it’s also better for your hair, appliances, and plumbing.
Keep reading to learn more about the top 10 benefits of soft water!
- Soft water can help save energy and money – Heating soft water takes less time and energy than heating hard water, which can lead to significant savings on your energy bills.
- Soft water can prolong the life of your appliances – Because soft water doesn’t contain the mineral deposits that can clog up appliances, it can help them run more efficiently and last longer.
- Soft water is better for your skin – Bathing in soft water can help to keep your skin soft, healthy, and free of soap residue. Soft water can also help your skin to better absorb moisturizers. Aside from that, you are sure that you won’t have skin irritations brought about by hard water.
- Soft water is better for your hair – Like your skin, your hair can also benefit from bathing in soft water. It will be less likely to become dry or brittle, and will be easier to manage and style. It can also help to reduce the amount of shampoo and conditioner you need to use, which can save you money in the long run.
- Soft water is better for your dishes – Soap residue left on dishes by hard water can cause them to become cloudy and streaky. Soft water will help to reduce this build-up, leaving your dishes looking clean and clear.
- Soft water is better for your clothes – The softening agents in laundry detergents work more effectively in soft water, helping to get your clothes cleaner and brighter. It can also help to reduce the amount of detergent you need to use, which can save you money in the long run.
- Soft water is better for your plants – Plants thrive in soft water, which is why soft water is often used in agriculture. It helps to improve the quality of the soil and increase the growth rate of plants.
- Soft water is better for your pets – Pets that drink soft water have less health problems than those that drink hard water. Soft water is also gentler on their fur, making it less likely to cause mats and tangles.
- Soft water is better for your home – Hard water can leave a layer of scale on your pipes and fixtures, which can lead to clogs, leaks, and other plumbing problems. Soft water will help to reduce or eliminate this build-up, keeping your home’s plumbing in good condition.
- Soft water is better for the environment – The softening agents used in soft water treatment plants are biodegradable and non-toxic, making them more environmentally friendly than the hardening agents used in hard water treatment plants.