If you’ve been harbouring any doubts or misgivings about the importance of your property’s internal plumbing network, take a look at some of the facts and figures shown below:
- At two drips per minute, a leaky faucet will waste more than a gallon of water every seven days.
- A running or leaking toilet can waste upwards of 300 gallons per week.
- Aged or dilapidated pipes can significantly decrease the energy efficiency of your water heater – superfluous heat loss within your water supply can increase your annual utility bills by more than €300.
- According to a recent home insurance survey, water damage is the most common claim nowadays and over 62% of these cases involve faulty plumbing.
How Often Should I Schedule Plumbing Maintenance?
Although it depends on your weekly usage rate and the age of your property, you should schedule an onsite inspection approximately once a year to ensure the functionality of your most integral implements.
However, if you’ve noticed a decrease in water pressure, stagnant accumulation in your drains, or any other plumbing issues around your property, it’s in your best interest to fix the problem before it turns into a large-scale disaster.
How to Find a Reputable Plumber
If you’ve started researching the local plumbers in Buckinghamshire, for instance, you should look for a local firm that can tout the following:
- Upwards of 15 years’ experience within the plumbing niche
- In-house specialisation with plumbing systems, boilers, central heating, and factory-approved maintenance
- All technicians are listed on the Gas Safe Register (look for the yellow triangle)
- Free site visits and quotes
This will ensure that you’re working with a time-tested professional, so be sure to keep these characteristics in mind during your research process.